Reverend William L. Green was born February 3, 1892 in Little Rock, Arkansas. On the fourth Sunday in April 1927, in the 400 block of Orlean Street, in a very small but humble dwelling, Rev. Green gathered together 11 Christian people with whom he organized a church. They were: Sister Mary L. Green (his wife), Reverend James Wakefield, Deacon Henry Walker (the first chairman of the Deacon Board), Sister Bessie Walker, Deacon Henry Knights, Sister Alma Knights, Sister Julia Mitchell (who suggested the name Mount Moriah for the church and the members readily agreed), Sister Ida Baker, Deacon Samuel Sorrell, Sister Mary Sorrell, and Sister Janie Hack. On the fourth Sunday in May 1927, the church membership moved to the 800 block of S. Sharp Street.

The Lord blessed Reverend Green and Mount Moriah through the years. Under his leadership, many souls came to Christ. Many Choirs, clubs, and auxiliaries were formed. As the membership grew, Mount Moriah made the following changes/moves:

1937, December 19
1941, September
1950, April 15
1962, February 11
1962, September 22
1962, November 11

Worshiped in the old Goldfield Theatre
Moved to 833-835 Warner Street
First Cornerstone was laid
Added two galleries to expand the Warner Street building
Purchased 829-831 Warner Street to expand the building
Completed the new church
Second cornerstone was laid
Ground breaking for 2201 Garrison Boulevard
Cornerstone was laid
Pastor/Congregation moved to 2201 Garrison Boulevard

Reverend Boykin Jessie was installed as our second Pastor on November 27, 1966, following the passing of Reverend Green. He was born in Bennettsville, South Carolina. Upon arriving in Baltimore, Maryland, he joined the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church under the leadership of Reverend William L. Green. He was married to Martha Jessie.

Under his pastorate, the mortgage was paid off in less than ten years after occupying our building. The Mortgage Burning Service was held on November 10, 1968. During the leadership of Pastor Jessie, several clubs were organized.

In October 1977 we elected our third pastor, Reverend Arthur J. Benn, following the passing of Reverend Jessie. He was installed on March 12, 1978. Reverend Benn was a native of Beaumont, Mississippi, and was wed to Mary L. Benn.

God saw favor in giving Pastor Benn a vision to build an educational annex to the church. The Ground Breaking Service was held on August 20, 1994. The new educational annex was
dedicated on Saturday, July 15, 1995 at 3:30 p.m. The Mortgage Burning Service for the educational annex was held on April 16, 2000. To utilize our new educational building, Reverend Benn organized and implemented several new ministries.

Minister Stephen M. Smith is a native of Mt. Vernon, New York. He is married to Wanda R. Smith. He accepted his call to the ministry on May 30, 1994 under the pastorate of Dr. Haywood A. Robinson, III. Minister Smith was installed as our fourth Pastor on June 4, 2004, following the passing of Reverend Benn. Under Pastor Smith’s leadership, the following renovations were implemented and completed to include: Pastor’s Study, Associate Ministers’ Study, Administration Office, a new pulpit lectern and altar were purchased, technology was updated and increased, and all associate ministers have been assigned as leaders over various ministries. Pastor Smith continues to lead Mount Moriah as we are Pastor and People being guided by the hands of the Most High God.

kate spade outlet sport blue 6s louis vuitton outlet cheap jordans new jordans 2014 coach factory outlet jordan 11 legend blue Sport blue 14s Michael Kors Outlet nike kd vii michael kors outlet coach factory outlet louis vuitton outlet jordan 6 sport blue louis vuitton outlet cheap jordans wolf grey 3s louis vuitton uk michael kors outlet sport blue 3s